The Yoruba Nation rally scheduled for Saturday, July 3 will still take place, despite the announcement of its cancellation by Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho after his house was raided by men of the Department of State Services on Thursday morning. This was confirmed by Igboho’s media aide, Olayomi Koiki
In a live broadcast on Friday, Koiki said he had been in contact with the organisers of the rally, insisting that it will go ahead.
“I can rightly confirm that the rally will go on as planned. Once again, the 3rd of July rally will go ahead as planned. I have spoken to the organizers, nothing has changed so far,” he said.
“It will take place from 9 am and all arrangements will go ahead. Before coming on air, I spoke with George Akinola, the secretary of Ilana Omo Oodua. I also came out with the press statement from Prof. Banji Akintoye. He is working tirelessly for the release of 10 persons that were kidnapped from the house of Sunday Igboho.”
Hakeem Odumosu, the commissioner of police in Lagos state, has however warned Igboho and other agitators not to hold any rally in Lagos.
According to him, anyone caught taking part or facilitating the rally will be dealt with.