The death toll in the collapsed 21-storey building in Ikoy, Lagos has reached 43, the state government said on Sunday.
A statement issued by Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso on Sunday said one more body was evacuated from the debris on Saturday, bringing the total to 43 deaths.
Omotoso added that 15 survivors had been rescued so far, while 49 people had reported that their loved ones were missing.
In his words: “One more body has been recovered from the site of the collapsed 21-storey building in Ikoyi, Lagos. The body, which was recovered on Saturday, has brought the number of bodies retrieved from the rubble to 43.
“There are 15 survivors and 49 persons have reported that their loved ones are missing. At the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH), Yaba, the identification of bodies continues.
“Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, once again, commiserates with the families of those who died in the incident.”