We are yet to reopen schools in Ondo – Govt.

0
150

The Ondo State Government has dismissed the story that the government has approved the reopening of schools which were shut down across the state I’m March this year following the outbreak of Covid-19 virus.

The state Chairman of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Covid-19, Professor Adesegun Fatusi, made this clarification in Akure on Wednesday. He said the state government has not directed or permitted the reopening of primary and tertiary institutions, either public or private while only Junior secondary 3 and senior secondary 3 had been permitted to resume school.

The government said the directive was in line with its objective of strengthening public safety, protecting the lives of residents, and further mitigating the spread of COVID-19.

According to him, all school authorities – both public and private had been ordered to comply fully with the government’s directive, to remain closed until the state government expressly permits such.

Fatusi said, “The Government is very keen to see students return to classes, but in a safe, serene and secured environment. The government would not tolerate any illegal act of re-opening schools contrary to the government’s directive.

He urged the parents to ensure that their children and ward continued to stay at home until the government directed otherwise.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here