24.2 C
Lagos

Shocking revelation: My abductors collected N100m ransom before releasing me – Methodist Prelate

Must read

His Eminence Samuel Uche, the Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria abducted by gunmen, on Tuesday said N100 million was paid as ransom before he was released.

Uche who spoke at a press conference in Lagos, said the monies were arranged in five sacks of N20 million each.

He said the funds were raised by the Methodist church in Nigeria, as neither the federal nor state government, not even the military or police intervened.

The cleric was kidnapped on Sunday in Abia State but was released on Monday.

The Prelate had been kidnapped alongside two others, the Bishop of Methodist Church, Owerri Diocese and the Prelate’s chaplain.

They were reportedly whisked away at about 2pm on their way from a church programme in Okigwe Imo State to Isuochi in Umu Nneochi Local Government Area of Abia State

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

%d bloggers like this: